BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Almost Time

Less than 24 hours to go !! yesterday I spent most of the day taking stuff to goodwill to get rid of. It's amazing how many things a person can accumulate. I've discovered, if you don't have things to put things in, you don't accumulate as much. Strange how and entire business of "organization" has developed to help people keep so many things tucked away out of sight, and .... out of use.

Anyways, repacked the wagon and backpack today. Once again things get lighter. This is a very good thing !!A few odds and ends to finish up today and I'll be all set to leave. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. Everyday is going to be a WHAT IF ? My biggest fear is my wagon will crap out on me before I even get relatively close to where I need to be.

I have been receiving quite a few emails thanks to everyone wishing me a safe journey. Your prayers and thoughts are much appreciated and do a lot for my motivation.

My first couple of days walking will be relatively short. 12 miles a day as I am stopping off at friends on my way out of Ohio.This will give me a chance to figure a few things out, wieght distribution and such. Plus, I am in no big hurry to get anywhere in particular, just in a hurry to get started !!

The weather looks to be fairly decent for the first week as well. A slight chance of rain here and there but all I can do is get used to it.

I'll try to have some pictures and such of my first day walking up on Saturday. The good thing about staying at friends the first couple of days is I will have internet access. After that, it may be awhile before I post any updates.

Please keep in touch !

Peace
be safe
-Jeff

please email me

0 comments: