BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hope ...

Something phenomenal happened to me Sunday evening. An event that does indeed inspire me to keep me going and to reinforce to me that the ideas of HOPE, sincerity, and honesty still exists in todays world. No surprise that it came from a darling child. It is amazing how the innocence of youth, of being a child, the sincerity of it all is Essence of Life. A total representation of the goodness that every person has, that they are, that they were. I ask myself why or how is that lost as we grow up, as we mature into adults?

The story is.
I arrived at my friends house (Dave and Sara)to hang out and have a good time, it was game night for us. I arrive with my friend Beau and as I am walking up to the house, The darlingest little girl comes skipping up to me and says "Jeff, I want you to have this.." she hands me a dollar coin I say "Aww thank you, but you should keep your dollar sweety." she says, "No, I want you to have it because you don't have a home or any family." Well, a little later I find out that at church that day, each child was given a dollar coin to give to someone that they felt needed it. She had chosen me and I felt so honored, again blessed by the simplest, honest gesture of kindness. Being me, I start to get that choked up, going to cry start feeling. Sometimes I feel so sensitive, raw and open This is not a bad thing I suppose.

Anyways, this simple gesture totally touched me I will keep this coin as a reminder that there is still hope in the world. I will keep it until I happen upon someone on my journey that needs a little HOPE in there life, and I will pass it on. Thinking about this last night and today reminded me of a book I read a couple years ago that I still have called "Hope For The Flowers" by Trina Paulus. I still have this book and I am going to read it again before I leave. I will also pass this book on before I leave. It is an inspirational Book that everyone should read. Go buy a copy of it, read it, and pass it on to a friend or someone you know.

That is really all I have to say for now.

There is Hope for Tomorrow!

Peace
Be Safe
-Jeff

0 comments: