BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

One with the Universe .. and other stuff

April 9th 2011

It's been a week since I started this walking stuff. I haven't gotten very far yet because of technical difficulties. This isn't really a bad thing tho. Better to have problems close to home and be able to have friends and family help you out than to go it alone. I got a new cart, I ordered a jogging stroller, took off all the non essential parts and added new essential parts and braces, supports and such. It's freaking awesome ! It rolls like a dream. Very little effort involved in pushing it around (so far). I made it to my sisters house today, it was another relatively short walk today, a little over 9 miles and it only took about 3 hours including break time for my Spooky Dog. My brother stopped by to see me as well. Please try not to worry about my to much.

When I started out the weather was very overcast and dreary as it had been raining all morning. I finally set out around 3:30 pm once it started to clear up. After about an hour the sun finally came out and it was absolutely beautiful walking weather. I saw Heron flying towards the west today, a good sign to follow. I also saw a garter snake out basking in the awesomeness of the sun. Other than that it was pretty uneventful walk. I'll be spending at least one night here at my sisters and I will figure out tomorrow which route to take from here. South to stop and see my friend Amber or due west to The Open Road .....

Goodbyes shouldn't be so hard to do. I want my family and friends to be happy for me, to celebrate me and what I am doing. No worrying or sadness please.

I read the following in a childrens book the other day and its one of those kind of things that will probably be with me the rest of my days.

Girl: "Goldie (the unicorn) where are you ? , Have you become ONE with the Universe ?"


Pretty significant in my opinion !

Peace
Be Safe
- Jeff

0 comments: