BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Struggling Thoughts, Native Prayers and Poems

Struggling thoughts:
surrounded by such poisoning levels and degree(s) of negativism, self centeredness, greed, Apathy. It's never ending , barriers are weak or non existent, I've no stamina or strength to reinforce them. wanting to create psychic icepicks to stab into peoples brains, is bad for my karma. I walk amongst the Warm sunshine gleaming through the soft pines, treading silently among them in and out of dappled shadows. The scent of fallen pine needles blankets the earth creating a cushion of a silent barrier, sitting silently amongst the trees, bare feet feeling the energy of the earth. Not to far away down the path is a stream of clean of water. Waste deep I am submerged seven times, washing away the worries of each day of the seven days. Standing in the glow of the sun, feeling he heat evaporate the moisture off my skin, taking the negativity with it. warming me, healing rays of light and envelope me. Turning first North, then East, then South, finally West , I offer the sacred smoke of sage and cedar to my brothers. I ask for guidance of the my spirit brothers, to make me stronger, wiser more compassionate, calm. To defeat my greatest enemy, myself. I ask for the strength of courage to make it through one more day.
 
 
At the time of death,
When I found there was to be death,
I was very much surprised.
All was failing.
My home, I was sad to leave it.

I have been looking far,
Sending my spirit north, south, east, and west.
Trying to escape death,
But could find nothing,
No way of escape.
~ Luiseno Song
 

0 comments: